GOSPEL MUSIC MACHINE RADIO SHOW CELEBRATES 25 YEARS (Sundays 7-10 AM-CIUT 89.5FM)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday February 24, 2012
Celebrating 25 Years of Gospel Music
Toronto, Ontario – Gospel Music Machine (CIUT 89.5 FM), Southern Ontario’s premier gospel music radio program, will be celebrating 25 years of gospel music on Saturday, April 14, 2012 in concert at 7:00 p.m. at Revivaltime Tabernacle 4340 Dufferin Street, Toronto. M3h 5r9
This will be an incredible celebration and praise party recalling 25 years of dedication and how the Gospel Music Machine has changed the landscape of gospel music in Canada, in particular Southern Ontario. The evening will feature hand clapping, soul-stirring performances by some of Ontario’s finest gospel artists – both old and new – including:
• Brian Hamilton & Divine Worship, one of the most sought after the dynamic gospel choir. They are an urban praise and worship ministry dedicated to making music for the Kingdom of God. Our music is created for many purposes but the most important is to give praise to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Divine Worship began in 2006 under the direction of Brian Hamilton.
• TC3 Founded in 2001 by the Rev. Denise TC3 is an arts organization for youth ages 7 to 18 years who come from across the G.T.A. TC3 mission is to promote, develop and encourage the talents and gifts of youth in the musical arts through Inspirational music and dance ranging from Spirituals to Hip Hop focusing on excellence, holistic development and world-class performance. TC3 is committed to producing a unique world-class youth performing arts company reflective of our great city.
• Toronto Mass Choir Toronto Mass Choir, one of Toronto’s first gospel choirs who has performed throughout Canada, the USA, the Caribbean, Italy, Hungary, Romania, and England and picked up a Juno Award for Contemporary Christian/Gospel Album of the Year; the Vibe Award for Urban/Soul Album of the Year, and the Urban Music Association of Canada Award for Gospel Recording of the Year;
• Recording artist Judith Gayle who has released four albums and is a versatile singer with captivating vocals singing from reggae gospel to contemporary gospel
• Ann Marie Stern Williams, one of Toronto’s finest praise and worship leaders and an active member of Heart to Heart Outreach, with her charismatic appeal and love for the Lord, delivers the Word of God through the inspiring Calypso, Reggae and inspiration praise and worship.
• Lenton Williams, Music has always been a part of my journey. I could always find joy, comfort and relevance in a song and none was more true when as a thirteen year old my guitar proficiencies earned me the rhythm guitarist position at my local church. This experience soon blossomed into an academic career first at Humbler College School of Performing Arts studying performance and improvising with world class jazz greats, Don Thompson, Peter Harris and Pat Lebarbara then, exploring composition and arranging at York University under the guidance of music legends Lorne Lofsky and Oscar Peterson.
• Sharon Riley & Faith Chorale, the Juno-award winning group who has had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Fred Hammond, James Hall, Ricky Dillard, Jackie Richardson, Oscar Peterson, Salome Bey, Liberty Silver, Joe Sealy and many others.
Many other well-known ministers and various community leaders will be in attendance.
The evening will be hosted by Courtney Williams, founder and producer of Gospel Music Machine, radio mogul, gospel music concert producer and promoter; Clairmont Humphrey, singer, songwriter and founder of 2 nd Chance Pro, an internet radio broadcast; and Claudette Guy and Richard Gordon, co-hosts of the Gospel Music Machine.
“We are very excited about celebrating 25 years of impacting the community and advancing gospel music on CIUT 89.5FM. Everything we do at the Gospel Music Machine is about giving and serving and that’s what keeps us challenged and motivated. It’s been quite a journey and we look forward to continuing that great run and celebrating another 25 years”, says Courtney Williams, founder of Gospel Music Machine.
Tickets are $10.00 in advance and are available at all ticket window outlets by calling
1-877-700-3130 or online at www.ticketwindow.ca
Ticket can also be purchased at major Christian bookstores. For a listing of outlets, please visit
This night will be a wonderful reflection of two decades of wonderful resounds with harmony and melody to honour our God and promises to raise the spirits of every soul present. So join us as we walk down memory lane.
ABOUT GOSPEL MUSIC MACHINE
As one of CIUT 89.5 longest-running show and most popular and widely-heard program of its type in Southern Ontario, The Gospel Music Machine has showcased gospel music and artists interviews for more than two decades.
Founded in 1987 by Courtney Williams, the Gospel Music Machine is a three-hour gospel music show originating weekly on Sunday mornings in Toronto, Ontario. Each weekly program includes playing gospel music from traditional to contemporary to reggae and calypso to Caribbean gospel and sharing with listeners the community happenings and allowing promoters to advertise their concerts. Other regular features include artist interviews, Daybreak which is the spoken word segment done by co-host Claudette Guy to encourage and uplift listeners through the word. The program also serves as a platform for existing gospel artists and a breaking ground for new gospel artists, a resource for the gospel music community and provides information relative to the broader community and provides opportunities for broadcasting students to intern on the radio show.
The first broadcast was on April 6, 1987 and the first song played was “Chosen to be a Witness” by Keith Pringle which truly depicts the Gospel Music Machine is all about – – delivering the good news through music. Dedicated listeners range from age 7 years of age to 80 years of age and are supportive of the station’s fundraising efforts as the Gospel Music Machine is consistently one of the station’s top fundraisers.
Co-Hosts Courtney Williams and Richard Gordon’s commitment and dedication to producing a high quality program each time they step up to the microphone has no doubt assisted in making the program the huge success it is today.
The future for the Gospel Music Machine is very bright as it will be launching a website soon which will act as a resource and hub for the gospel music community and help to educate artists about the gospel music industry who otherwise don’t have access to mainstream.
– 30 –
For more information, please contact:
Courtney Williams Richard Gordon
Co-Host of Gospel Music Machine Co-Host of Gospel Music Machine 416-625-2625